We have been made aware of a few clients not being able to connect to our secure server.
This is due, in part by PCI-DSS security regulations that state older secure connection technology is no longer secure and should not be used.
Whilst this sounds like a good idea, it means that computers that don’t have the newer standards switched on by default will get a “cannot connect to website” message in their browser.
If you have this issue, please try the following steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer to https://www.atthelimits.org (If you see an error similar to below, please continue reading)
2. Click Tools then Internet Options
3. Click the Advanced tab, scroll down to the bottom, and locate the three TLS tickboxes. You should see that only TLS1 is ticked.
4. Tick Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2, then click Apply, and then OK.
5. Refresh the page. You should now see the secure website (Although it may look different to the one below).
If you are still having problems, please do not hesitate to contact the ‘At the Limits’ team +44 (0) 1491 419800.